GET YOUR WEEKEND PROGRAMME PDF HERE! (Note. There will be no paper programme at the event. Save the PDF to your smartphone for on-the-move access to door times, the running order, and click on any band or event in the running order to learn more.
- We're opening up early on Friday at 6pm so you can come down and have something to eat and a drink before the music starts!
- Make sure you're at THE MAGPIE STAGE by 7.40pm Friday to hear The Unthanks open the festival.
- Doors are 2pm on Saturday and there will be an opening song from The Unthanks and a flurry of flash mob surprises at 2.30pm in HOME. Come down and make a full day of it!
- We're opening early on Sunday at 10.30am for brunch and live music in HOME with Northern Monkey Brass Band.
Children will be entertained by Chalk from 2pm to 6.30pm on Saturday. Let Chalk transport you to a magical land as we take you on an folklore adventure! Craft masks and other worldly headwear, design and make your own mythical creature shadow puppets, play with projections, create beasts on our giant drawing floor and hide in our dens. The will be a baby area too! Note, there is no kids ents on Friday or Sunday.
SITE MAP AND ADDRESS
HOULTS YARD, Walker Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 2HL
There is limited parking at Hoults Yard. Please leave your car at home if at all possible. We have a taxi rank on site to take you home.
There will be a taxi rank on site from around 9pm on Friday and Saturday nights and from 3pm on Sunday. No need to prebook.
* Please note - there is disruption to the Metro on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Please see here.
- METRO: Byker Station: 14 minutes on foot from the station to Hoults Yard
- BUS: Q3 from GREY-STREET HOTEL -SE BOUND- 7 Stops
- QUEY LINK: Q2
- TAXI: Blueline: 0191 262 8787, LA Taxis 0191 287 7777
Hoult’s Yard is not in Newcastle city centre, but it is just 5-10 minutes walk from The Ouseburn. The Ouse burn is Newcastle’s cultural quarter, and you’ll find a host of pubs, eating places and galleries:
Food and Drink
KILN 4 Hume St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 1LN
FREE TRADE INN St Lawrence Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 1AP
Real ale pub 5mins walk from Hoults Yard.
THE CUMBERLAND ARMS, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 1LD
Real ale and cider pub 10mins walk. Folk central for Newcastle. Also do good B&B.
THE CLUNY, 36 Lime St, Ouseburn, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 2PQ
Decent food and beer bar and venue, 10mins walk.
ERNEST, 1 Boyd St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 1AP
Independent cafe bar, 10 mins walk.
THE BAKE, Byker Bank, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1LA
Very good Lebanese restaurant near The Cumberland Arms.
BISCUIT FACTORY, 16 Stoddart St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 1AN
Huge independent art gallery
SEVEN STORIES, Lime St, Ouseburn Valley, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 2PQ
Next to The Cluny, National centre for children’s books, good kids cafe, fun, interactive exhibitions..
BYKER FARM, Ouseburn Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 2PA
Community farm and cafe, great for kids, next to The Cluny.